Friday 21 October 2016

Fashion On The Spot



Fashion Lover On The Spot

When you are put on a spot as someone that loves fashion, especially African designs, you are sure to receive such questions as; who is your favorite designer? Where do you shop? Do you follow any fashion blog? Who do you think is the best fashion designer in Nigeria?
Let’s see these questions self;

Who is your designer?
 Note that, whether it’s Mudi Africa, Zizi, Dr.Legendclothing or Frank Oshodi, it is always important you don’t only say their names, but you say why you fan them. Like I can say that I fan Dr.LegendClothing because I admire the cut of his designs, the way he use tailoring elements in designing. The lines and curves of his clothes are flattering to many figure types, subtle but distinctive. I can easily recognize his designs anywhere.
I cannot leave this answer without a word on another favorite fashion designer, Victor David, whom I met sometime in 2015. He is the ultimate manipulator of fabric and cut that no one that I know of has been able to equal.  He showed me his designs "natives made with cashmere, Tesil, Kanali and worsted wool materials respectively" with explanations of construction directions somewhat as an architect might. These natives were transformed after production; it has the building of a suit. Nigeria has got talent and inspiration, the world have not seen anything yet. Wait till you encounter Victor. He wowed me!
With these explanations, you already know that I have given my answer to who I think is the best fashion designer in Nigeria. 

Always arm yourself with ready-made answers. After all, fashion is said to be an armor against the challenges of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment